Winter is almost over and spring is creeping in. Now is the best time to start getting your properties ready for a brand new season.
Whether you’re renting out apartment buildings or commercial property, it’s crucial that the property you’re offering to tenants is in the best shape possible. That said, here are five things you need to get your properties looking and feeling great this spring.
- Install new HVAC systems. Late winter/early spring is the best time to get your air conditioning ready for the summer months. But if your HVAC systems have been a little worse for wear in the last year, it might be time to completely place the system. Your average HVAC system will last between 15 to 25 years.
- Repair your gutter systems. The gutter systems of your properties are crucial to their survival. That sounds dramatic, but your gutters really are what keep your building from getting slugged by water damage. Clear the gutters of any leaves and debris you can find. And make sure the roof itself hasn’t suffered any damage since you last inspected it in the fall.
- Do some landscaping in any grassy areas you have. If your properties have grassy areas out front, make sure to do some landscaping this spring to add curb appeal. Just like homeowners, tenants like a property that looks good.
- Make an inventory. It’s important that you have a list of the tasks that need to be completed around your properties. From there, you can do research on local contractors and maintenance services so you’ll be ready to make any necessary repairs once spring arrives.
- Inspect your parking lots and driveways. Make sure that you’re not just repairing the exterior and interior of your properties but also the parking lot and driveways around it. No one likes to drive over a bad pothole. Fill in potholes or repave the parking area to make sure everything is smooth sailing.
Looking for HVAC manufacturers in San Jose?
The employment for heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning mechanical contractors and installers is expected to grow by 15% by 2026. But some of the top HVAC manufacturers are right here in San Jose.
Icom Mechanical offers some of the top HVAC manufacturing San Jose CA offers. To learn more about our HVAC systems and our sheet metal fabrication, contact Icom Mechanical today.